Thursday 10 October 2013

Old Cartoons Creep Me Out!

Honestly, they do! Especially the cartoons from the 30's-50's! I don't know if was the music or the animations but together there were some things that I was terrified to watch as a kid. I can watch them now but some still freak me out! In fact I really don't want to research them for this post but feel oddly inclined to do so...urgh.


Ok so this past weekend I plucked up my courage and bravely searched through YouTube with my best friend to find some of the old cartoons we used to watch. At first we just looked up ones we used to enjoy like the intros to some cool 80's and 90's cartoons but then we looked up the one that completely freaked me out when I first saw it! The cartoon is one everyone knows...Bugs Bunny! 

Seriously..................................stop frowning!

There was one episode titled 'Hair Raising Hare' which starred Bugs along with this guy:

He's behind you!


Nothing too scary about this right? I agree. However, the episode did star another character:

Steve Buschemi???

 This creepy professor used to freak me out!! Just look at those heavy eyes and the way he hangs his hands! I think his voice was quite sinister too! The way he was animated and moved was just...just...just...why am I even writing about him??? I used to hide behind the pillow when ever he was on screen. Definitely don't want to bump into this guy in a dark alleyway or a well lit one for that matter!  

Ok quickly moving on...um he's not following us is he? Right, I used to own a VHS of old cartoons. One of the cartoons was Humpty Dumpty and I was a never a fan of the voice acting or old style opera type music they had. This one was definitely weird. It wasn't as freaky as the guy above but the animations always made me feel uneasy. Does that even make sense? Well it does to me! Ok so the bit I want to point out starts at 1:40 in this video with eggs, *ahem*, spooning in a spoon...



Well that was definitely weird! The villain in this also used to freak me out! Luckily they don't make them like they used to!

Another cartoon included in the collection was called 'Flip the Frog: Spooks'. This starred a frog who takes shelter from the storm in a house that turns out to be haunted by skeletons who want to kill him and keep him as a statue. Lot's of things freaked me out in this cartoon but when I watched it back it wasn't as bad as I remembered but my imagination as a kid was wild and actually still is!


Ok so enough with the creepiness! The last old cartoon I want to share with you is one that makes me laugh and didn't scare me witless! A cartoon called 'Peeping Penguins' and the song that the mother penguin sings makes me laugh alone just by her actions. The song starts about 2:00 mins in.


There you go! A bit of a light note to end on to make me forget about all the freakishness! Why did my parents ever buy me this cartoon collection?? Sigh...

In closing all I have to say is thank goodness for Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck and other great cartoons to take my mind off it!

...Spooning in a spoon...really?

No comments:

Post a Comment